MARCH KEY FIGURES
February 2018 to March 2018
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
March Qtr 2018
December Qtr 2017 to March Qtr 2018
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
MARCH KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in March 2018. This follows a rise of 0.3% in February 2018 and a rise of 0.3% in January 2018.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in March 2018. This follows a rise of 0.6% in February 2018 and a rise of 0.2% in January 2018.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.6% in March 2018 compared with March 2017.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in March 2018: Food retailing (0.3%), Household goods retailing (0.5%), Other retailing (0.3%), and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.3%). Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. Department stores (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in March 2018.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in March 2018: Victoria (0.5%), New South Wales (0.3%), Queensland (0.1%), South Australia (0.1%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.4%), and the Northern Territory (0.3%). Western Australia (0.0%), and Tasmania (0.0%) were relatively unchanged in trend terms in March 2018.
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover rose (0.4%) in the March quarter 2018.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|April 2018 ||4 June 2018|
|May 2018 ||4 July 2018|
|June 2018 ||3 August 2018|
|July 2018 ||3 September 2018|
|August 2018 ||5 October 2018|
|September 2018 ||2 November 2018|
This issue includes updated quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita. The full time series is available from the Downloads tab of this publication on the ABS website.
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the March 2018 reference month. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.