NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
October 2018 to November 2018
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in November 2018. This follows a rise of 0.2% in October 2018, and a rise of 0.2% in September 2018.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.4% in November 2018. This follows a rise of 0.3% in October 2018, and a rise of 0.2% in September 2018.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.6% in November 2018 compared with November 2017.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in November 2018: Food retailing (0.2%), Household goods retailing (0.4%), Other retailing (0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessories retailing (0.5%), and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway services retailing (0.1%). Department stores was relatively unchanged (0.0%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in November 2018: Queensland (0.5%), Victoria (0.4%), Western Australia (0.3%), South Australia (0.2%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.5%), and Tasmania (0.2%). New South Wales (-0.1%), and the Northern Territory (-0.6%) fell in trend terms in November 2018.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2018 ||5 February 2019|
|January 2019 ||7 March 2019|
|February 2019 ||3 April 2019|
|March 2019 ||7 May 2019|
|April 2019 ||4 June 2019|
|May 2019 ||4 July 2019|
This issue includes online retail turnover estimates for the November 2018 reference month. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms
- Quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita.