MARCH KEY FIGURES
February 2019 to March 2019
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
March Qtr 2019
December Qtr 2018 to March Qtr 2019
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
MARCH KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in March 2019. This follows a rise of 0.3% in February 2019 and a rise of 0.2% in January 2019.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.3% in March 2019. This follows a rise of 0.9% in February 2019 and a rise of 0.1% in January 2019.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.0% in March 2019 compared with March 2018.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in March 2019: Food retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.3%), and Other retailing (0.1%). Household goods retailing (-0.1%), and Department stores (-0.1%) both fell in trend terms in March 2019.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in March 2019: New South Wales (0.4%), Queensland (0.3%), Victoria (0.2%), South Australia (0.1%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.1%), and the Northern Territory (0.1%). Western Australia was relatively unchanged (0.0%), and Tasmania (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in March 2019.
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in the March quarter 2019.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|April 2019 ||4 June 2019|
|May 2019 ||4 July 2019|
|June 2019 ||2 August 2019|
|July 2019 ||3 September 2019|
|August 2019 ||4 October 2019|
|September 2019 ||4 November 2019|
This issue includes updated quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita. The full time series is available from the Downloads tab of this publication on the ABS web site. This issue includes online retail turnover estimates for the March 2019 reference month. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
The ABS intends to cease publishing a PDF as part of the release of Retail Trade (cat. no. 8501.0). All of the information that is contained in the PDF will be available elsewhere in this release. The June quarter 2019 issue is expected to be the final release with a PDF. Should you have any concerns regarding this transition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms
- Quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita.