JULY KEY FIGURES
June 2019 to July 2019
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JULY KEY POINTS
Monthly Turnover, Current Prices - Trend Estimate
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in July 2019. This follows a rise of 0.2% in June 2019, and a rise of 0.2% in May 2019.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.1% in July 2019. This follows a rise of 0.4% in June 2019, and a rise of 0.1% in May 2019.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.4% in July 2019 compared with July 2018.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in July 2019: Other retailing (0.3%), Food retailing (0.1%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.1%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.2%), and Household goods retailing (0.1%). Department stores (0.0%) was relatively unchanged in July 2019.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in July 2019: Victoria (0.2%), Queensland (0.2%), Western Australia (0.3%), Tasmania (0.3%), South Australia (0.1%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.2%), and the Northern Territory (0.2%). New South Wales (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in July 2019.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|August 2019 ||4 October 2019|
|September 2019 ||4 November 2019|
|October 2019 ||5 December 2019|
|November 2019 ||10 January 2020|
|December 2019 ||6 February 2020|
|January 2020 ||6 March 2020|
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
This issue includes online retail turnover estimates for the July 2019 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the June quarter 2019. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
This issue is the first release without a PDF. Please contact email@example.com should you have any concerns.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms
- Quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita.