JULY KEY FIGURES
June 2014 to July 2014
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JULY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in July 2014. This follows a rise of 0.2% in June 2014 and a rise of 0.1% in May 2014.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.4% in July 2014. This follows a rise of 0.6% in June 2014 and a fall of 0.3% in May 2014.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 5.2% in July 2014 compared with July 2013.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in July 2014: Food retailing (0.3%), Household goods retailing (0.2%) and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.1%). Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.4%), Department stores (-0.2%) and Other retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in July 2014.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in July 2014: New South Wales (0.3%), Western Australia (0.1%), South Australia (0.2%), Tasmania (0.2%) and the Australian Capital Territory (0.2%). Victoria was relatively unchanged (0.0%). Queensland (-0.1%) and the Northern Territory (-0.3%) fell in trend terms in July 2014.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|August 2014 ||1 October 2014|
|September 2014 ||4 November 2014|
|October 2014 ||4 December 2014|
|November 2014 ||9 January 2015|
|December 2014 ||5 February 2015|
|January 2015 ||5 March 2015|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the July 2014 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the June 2014 quarter. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
outlines how the ABS will handle any personal information that you provide to us.