AUGUST KEY FIGURES
July 2012 to August 2012
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
AUGUST KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in August 2012. This follows a rise of 0.3% in July 2012 and a rise of 0.3% in June 2012.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.2% in August 2012. This follows a fall of 0.8% in July 2012 and a rise of 1.2% in June 2012.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.7% in August 2012 compared with August 2011.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in August 2012: Food retailing (0.3%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.5%), Household goods retailing (0.4%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.3%). Other retailing (-0.2%) and Department stores (-0.4%) fell in trend terms in August 2012.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in August 2012: New South Wales (0.3%), Western Australia (0.5%), Queensland (0.2%), Victoria (0.1%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.5%) and the Northern Territory (0.3%). South Australia (0.0%) was relatively unchanged and Tasmania (-0.5%) fell in trend terms in August 2012.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|September 2012 ||5 November 2012|
|October 2012 ||3 December 2012|
|November 2012 ||9 January 2013|
|December 2012 ||6 February 2013|
|January 2013 ||5 March 2013|
|February 2013 ||4 April 2013|
There are no changes in this issue.
There are no revisions to original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Paul Slater on Sydney (02) 9268 4581.