AUGUST KEY FIGURES
July 2017 to August 2017
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
AUGUST KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in August 2017. This follows a rise of 0.1% in July 2017 and a rise of 0.2% in June 2017.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.6% in August 2017. This follows a fall of 0.2% in July 2017 and a rise of 0.2% in June 2017.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.8% in August 2017 compared with August 2016.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in August 2017: Other Retailing (0.5%), Clothing, Footwear and Personal Accessories Retailing (0.5%), and Cafes Restaurants and Takeaway Food Services (0.1%). Food Retailing was relatively unchanged (0.0%). Department stores (-0.6%) and Household Good Retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in August 2017.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in August 2017: New South Wales (0.1%), Victoria (0.1%), Western Australia (0.1%), Tasmania (0.1%), and the Northern Territory (0.1%). Queensland and the Australian Capital Territory were relatively unchanged (0.0%). South Australia (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in August 2017.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|September 2017 ||3 November 2017|
|October 2017 ||5 December 2017|
|November 2017 ||11 January 2018|
|December 2017 ||6 February 2018|
|January 2018 ||6 March 2018|
|February 2018 ||4 April 2018|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the August 2017 reference month. These estimates are provided and explained with the appendix for this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.