VALUE OF BUILDING WORK DONE
JUNE KEY FIGURES, Western Australia
Jun qtr 2010
Mar qtr 2010 to Jun qtr 2010
Jun qtr 2009 to Jun qtr 2010
|Seasonally adjusted |
|Value of work done(a) |
|New residential building |
|Alterations and additions to residential building |
|Non-residential building |
|Total value of work done |
|(a) Chain volume measures, reference year 2007-08.|
|Source: Building Activity, Australia (cat. no. 8752.0). |
- The seasonally adjusted value of building work done in the June quarter 2010 was estimated to be approximately $3.1 billion, an increase of 7.4% from the previous quarter and nearly 15% higher than for the same quarter of the previous year.
- The value of non-residential building has recorded strong growth over the past three quarters and was again the greatest contributor to the June quarter increase (up 10% to almost $1.3 billion).
- The value of new residential building reversed falls over the past year with a 6.9% increase in the June quarter 2010, its largest quarterly increase for more than six years.
Value of Work Done(a): Seasonally Adjusted
- The value of non-residential building has more than doubled in the last five years in seasonally adjusted terms, despite the global economic downturn. This was initially reflected in a steep fall in non-residential building followed by a rapid recovery from late 2009.
- In contrast, the quarterly value of residential building work has increased at at a much slower rate over the same period, with growth remaining fairly flat since late 2008.
This link takes you to the latest time series spreadsheets from Building Activity, Australia, Jun 2010
(cat. no. 8752.0). Tables 2, 4, 9-11, 17 contain Value of Building Work Done for WA.