DIVISION K – FINANCIAL AND INSURANCE SERVICES
The Financial and Insurance Services Division includes units mainly engaged in financial transactions involving the creation, liquidation, or change in ownership of financial assets, and/or in facilitating financial transactions.
The range of activities include:
Also included in this division are central banking, monetary control and the regulation of financial activities.
- raising funds by taking deposits and/or issuing securities and, in the process, incurring liabilities;
- units investing their own funds in a range of financial assets;
- pooling risk by underwriting insurance and annuities;
- separately constituted funds engaged in the provision of retirement incomes; and
- specialised services facilitating or supporting financial intermediation, insurance and employee benefit programs.