Measures of a Knowledge-based Economy and Society
This publication is now ceased.
Innovation and Technology National Statistical Centre
Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra
Telephone (02) 6252 7822
Measures of a knowledge-based economy and society, Australia 2003 (ABS cat. no. 1377.0) was a web-based publication which presented indicators for the three core dimensions of innovation and entrepreneurship, human capital, and information and communications technology, as described in the ABS Knowledge-based economy and society framework. It drew from a variety of information on knowledge-related activities. It presented indicators with a focus on national information and included time series data and selected international comparisons.
Education data was presented in seven of the indicators in the dimension of human capital, and also in a summary page containing an overview of all the human capital indicators. The areas covered in these indicators included:
- Graduate outcomes by qualification and labour force status
- Level of highest non-school qualification of employed persons by occupation
- Main field of highest non-school qualification by labour force status
- Participation in education by age group
- Time series data on proportion of persons with a non-school qualification
- Main field of current study by age
- Unmet demand for education by labour force characteristics
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram