About this release
The Census Dictionary is a comprehensive reference document for the Census of Population and Housing. The dictionary contains the details of the classifications used in the 2016 Census along with definitions of census concepts and terms.
Key Features of the Census Dictionary include:
The Dictionary is also a contextual reference for 2016 data products (as they become available).
- a full listing of all Census Dictionary classifications (variables)
- a sortable classification index
- a search facility to find classifications related to keywords
- large classifications which are easy to read online
- links to Data Quality Statements (as they become available).