Health Survey (National)
|Page tools: RSS Search this Product|
NAME OF ORGANISATION
. obtain national benchmark information on a range of health issue,
. enable trends in health to be monitored over time, and
. provide information on health indicators for national health priority areas and for important subgroups of the population.
The following persons living in Australia but not usually considered part of the resident population were excluded from the scope of the survey:
Non-Australians (other than those above) working in Australia, or in Australia as students or settlers, and their dependents were included in the scope of the survey if they had lived, or intended to live in Australia for a period of 12 months or more.
Standard outputs will be person level estimates; higher level estimates (ie family, household, income unit) available from previous NHSs will not be available from 2001, due to the sampling methodology used.
. The Australian Standard Geographic Classification (ASGC),
. The Australian Standard Classification of Occupation (ASCO),
. The Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZIC)
. a classification based on the 9th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases, similar to that used in the 1995 National Health Survey.
. a classification based on the 10th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases, and
. a classification based on the International Classification of Primary Care (ICPC)
The classification of medication types, based on the WHO Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification (ATCC), modified for use in this survey.
Details of the classifications will be contained in 2001 National Health Survey: Users Guide (ABS Cat No 4364.0) which is scheduled to be released in September 2002.
Other concepts (summary)
1. National & State/Territory\1.01 Australia
1. National & State/Territory\1.03 Selected States or Territories only\1.03.01 New South Wales
1. National & State/Territory\1.03 Selected States or Territories only\1.03.02 Victoria
1. National & State/Territory\1.03 Selected States or Territories only\1.03.03 Queensland
1. National & State/Territory\1.03 Selected States or Territories only\1.03.04 South Australia
1. National & State/Territory\1.03 Selected States or Territories only\1.03.05 Western Australia
1. National & State/Territory\1.03 Selected States or Territories only\1.03.06 Tasmania
1. National & State/Territory\1.03 Selected States or Territories only\1.03.08 Australian Capital Territory
2. Parts of State\2.01 Statistical Division (SD)
2. Parts of State\2.02 Statistical Subdivision (SSD)
2. Parts of State\2.11 Section of State (SOS)
2. Parts of State\2.12 Other Geographic Areas\2.12.03 Part of State Metropolitan
2. Parts of State\2.12 Other Geographic Areas\2.12.04 Part of State-Extra Metropolitan
2. Parts of State\2.12 Other Geographic Areas\2.12.13 Other
Comments and/or Other Regions
Data for individual Statistical Local Areas (SLAs) cannot be released, but if clients wish to specify their own aggregations of SLAs limited data can be provided on that basis. Data for other regions (for example according to categories of the Accessibility and Remoteness Index for Australia, or similar) may also be available.
Data availability comments
These documents will be presented in a new window.