2299-19 Intelligence Officer
Manages the collection and processing of data to produce intelligence for public and private sector organisations in their planning, operations and personnel functions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determines organisational and client intelligence requirements
- organises the collection, collation and analysis of data and develops intelligence information
- compiles and disseminates intelligence information using briefings, maps, charts, reports and other methods
- ascertains the accuracy of data collected and reliability of sources
- maintains manual and computer-based intelligence databases
- conducts threat and risk assessments
- may conduct security surveys and inspections of buildings, installations, activities and personnel
- may produce counter-intelligence information
- may participate in field work as part of an interdisciplinary team