1294-15 Commissioned Police Officer
Provides high-level management to support the running of police operations and manages the activities of geographical or operational sections of a police force.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- plans, directs and implements operational programs for a police region, section or specialised unit
- undertakes financial and accounting roles as required for area of responsibility
- determines policing resource requirements and monitors service delivery
- directs, controls and monitors record keeping systems and the preparation of reports
- develops and implements policies on policing
- liaises with government representatives and management from other government departments and private industry
- plans service delivery for future community development
- plans and implements police responses to emergencies