UNIT GROUP 3125 MECHANICAL ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS assist in mechanical engineering research, design, manufacture, construction, operation and maintenance of machines, manufacturing equipment, mechanical installations and facilities.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate IV, AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assisting mechanical engineers in the design of mechanical equipment and plant
- preparing drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work under the direction of mechanical engineers and engineering technologists
- assembling and installing new or modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools and controls, and hydraulic power systems
- estimating material costs and quantities, and machinery requirements
- performing or directing field or laboratory tests
- collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations
- organising and supervising inspection and maintenance of machinery and plant