UNIT GROUP 2515 MINISTERS OF RELIGION
MINISTERS OF RELIGION perform spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faiths and provide motivation, guidance and training in religious life for the people of a congregation, parish or community.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. There is a requirement for high levels of personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- preparing and conducting services of public worship or acknowledgments of faith
- preparing and delivering sermons, homilies and special talks and planning music for services
- participating in the social and welfare activities of communities, encouraging people to be aware of their responsibilities, and organising participation in community projects
- conducting classes of religious instruction, and supervising prayer and discussion groups, retreats and seminars
- conducting pre-marital and family counselling and referring people to professional service agencies where necessary
- performing marriages, funerals and special memorial services according to ecclesiastical and civil law and keeping records as required by the church or local law