UNIT GROUP 4611 FARM OVERSEERS
FARM OVERSEERS supervise and coordinate the activities of Farm Hands.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- organising farming activities and allocating duties to Farm Hands
- ensuring deadlines are met for activities such as seeding and harvesting
- organising transportation for livestock and crops
- conferring with managers to coordinate activities with other farming or organisational units
- maintaining attendance records and rosters, and explaining and enforcing safety regulations
- overseeing the work of farming units and suggesting improvements and changes