UNIT GROUP 1224 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGERS
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGERS plan, administer and review the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunication systems within organisations.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- analysing information needs, and specifying technology to meet those needs
- directing the formulation of information technology strategies, policies and plans
- directing the selection and installation of information technology and the provision of user training
- directing information technology operations, integrating computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications and data processing
- setting priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations
- controlling the security of information technology systems