2125-13 Electronics Engineer
Designs, develops, adapts, installs, tests and maintains electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer systems, communication systems and other industrial applications.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- designs electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer, communication and control systems, and other industrial applications
- designs software, especially embedded software, to be used within such systems
- develops apparatus and procedures to test electronic components, circuits and systems
- supervises installation and commissioning of computer, communications and control systems, and ensures proper control and protection methods
- establishes and monitors performance and safety standards and procedures for operation, modification, maintenance and repair of such systems
- designs communications bearers based on wired, optical fibre and wireless communications media
- analyses communications traffic and level of service, and determines the type of installation, location, layout and transmission medium for communications systems
- designs and develops signal processing algorithms and implements these through appropriate choice of hardware and software