3993-27 Other Sports Coach
Coaches, trains and instructs other sportspersons by analysing their performances and developing their abilities.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- observes performances of sportspersons
- coaches or instructs sportspersons by demonstrating techniques
- oversees practices and evaluates sportspersons' physical condition
- prescribes routines and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles and improve fitness
- plans and directs game strategies, develops play patterns, analyses game progress and motivates and instructs players
- conducts after game analysis of play, evaluates performances and makes changes in strategy
- may demonstrate and teach body movements and skills, and explain safety measures
- may recommend special diets
- may render first aid to injured persons