4944-15 Sail Maker
Fabricates and repairs sail-cloth.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- analyses sail requirements for type, size and usage of boats
- calculates sail dimensions using sail-calculation tables
- computes dimensional allowances for hemming and stretching of sail-cloth and for draft and roach of sails
- draws full size patterns of sails on floors
- spreads sail-cloth over floor patterns, marks pattern outlines on cloth and cuts into parts for assembly
- supervises or performs sewing of cloth to make sails