UNIT GROUP 6152 TRANSPORT RECORDING AND DESPATCHING CLERKS
TRANSPORT RECORDING AND DESPATCHING CLERKS verify and maintain records of incoming and outgoing goods, prepare goods for despatch, arrange the clearance and collection of imported cargo from customs or bond stores and arrange the shipment of cargo for export.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- identifying articles or containers of incoming and outgoing shipments and verifying them against consignment records
- ensuring outgoing shipments are in good condition and meet specifications
- arranging internal distribution of goods received
- organising the despatch of goods with completed documentation
- examining shipping documents and verifying cargo to be released
- recording customs clearance requirements and authorising collection of cargo
- calculating storage and clearance charges and billing customers
- receiving details of outgoing cargo and arranging bookings of freight space