4613-11 Wool Classer
Classifies wool to industry standards or market requirements.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- classifies wool and advises on matters pertaining to the clip and its preparation for sale
- instructs shearing shed hands concerned with woolrolling, and supervises the skirting and rolling of fleece
- instructs and supervises hands concerned with piece picking, picking up the fleeces, and other aspects of wool handling
- instructs wool pressers and supervises the pressing, weighing and branding of bales
- maintains or oversees the recording of details of the stations' clip in shed wool books
- writes summaries of how clips were prepared for market
- may order wool packs and pressers' requisites