UNIT GROUP 7111 MOBILE CONSTRUCTION PLANT OPERATORS
MOBILE CONSTRUCTION PLANT OPERATORS operate a range of machinery used to excavate soil, ore and rock; break up pavement, road, rock and obstructions; move and load earth, rock and debris; and level, smooth and compact surfaces in construction and other projects.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- operating plant and selecting and operating attachments such as winches, loading scoops, drills and rock breaking hammers
- raising, lowering and manipulating attachments using manual or hydraulic controls
- driving and manoeuvring plant within surveyors' pegs or working from drawings, markers or verbal instructions
- monitoring operation of equipment, and ensuring safety of other workers
- servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refuelling equipment and performing minor maintenance