3999-19 Security Adviser
Advises clients on security requirements, recommends and designs security specifications.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- carries out threat assessments on properties or companies
- audits existing security systems
- makes recommendations to rectify and improve security
- conducts surveillance
- designs specifications to meet security requirements
- monitors security installations to ensure compliance
- may carry out electronic debugging or information security operations
- may carry out internal audits or other security functions
- may evaluate security system tenders