4944-13 Canvas Goods Maker
Fabricates and repairs canvas and related products such as awnings, tents, tarpaulins, horse rugs and caravan annexes.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- lays out drawings for products such as awnings, tents and tarpaulins
- marks and cuts pattern outlines
- sews, glues or rivets sections together
- attaches grommets, fastenings, and other fittings
- secures ropes or cables to finished articles
- may stitch or stencil names or other identification on articles
- may make frames for awnings, tents and other articles
- may install finished products
- may draw designs for customers and prepare cost estimates and quotations