UNIT GROUP 2411 PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS
PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS teach the basics of numeracy, literacy, music, art and literature to students at pre-primary schools and promote students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning activities using a variety of materials and equipment designed to facilitate the development of motor skills and cooperative social skills
- promoting language development through story telling, role play, songs, rhymes and informal discussions
- observing students to evaluate progress and to detect signs of ill health, emotional disturbance and other disabilities
- observing nutritional health, welfare and safety needs of students and identifying factors which may impede students' progress
- attending parent interviews, staff and committee meetings