Grain, Oilseed and Pasture Grower
Grain, Oilseed and Pasture Farm Manager
Plans, directs, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow grain, oilseed, protein and pasture crops.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- plans and manages the production and marketing of grain, oilseed, protein and pasture crops from soil preparation to harvest taking into account environmental and market factors
- selects and purchases seeds for planting
- directs and oversees general farming activities such as fertilising, pest and weed control
- maintains farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organises the sale, purchase and transportation of produce
- maintains and evaluates records of farming activities, monitors market activity and plans crop preparation and production to meet contract requirements and market demand
- manages business capital, including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors