2222-13 Sales Representative (Information and Communication Products)
Represents companies in selling information and communications equipment, systems and solutions to businesses.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- compiles lists of prospective customers using trade directories and other sources
- qualifies and assesses business prospects
- visits businesses currently or prospectively using information technology to establish and act on selling opportunities
- assesses business requirements, and recommends computer and communications systems that provide appropriate technical solutions or reselling opportunities
- advises customers on system applications, networking and associated licensing requirements
- quotes prices and credit terms, records orders, completes sales contracts, and arranges deliveries
- arranges the installation and testing of products or systems
- supplies reference guides and operating and system manuals
- follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction with products purchased and arranges modifications or other remedies needed
- monitors customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reports on these developments to sales management
- prepares sales reports, maintains and submits records of business expenses incurred
- may demonstrate and train customers in the use of information systems or equipment