Cuts and shapes hard and soft stone blocks and masonry slabs for the construction and renovation of stone structures and monumental masonry.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- operates machines and hand tools to cut, shape and polish stone
- designs and cuts monumental masonry including lettering
- constructs walls using stone slabs and large masonry slab blocks
- may lay stone paving
- may work on-site or in stoneyards
- may fix stone facades to buildings