Operates ultrasound machines and related medical imaging equipment to produce images for medical diagnostic purposes in conjunction with other medical professionals.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- performs medical imaging on patients according to referral from medical practitioners
- calculates details of procedures such as length and intensity of exposure and settings of recording equipment
- explains procedures to patients
- positions patients, and equipment to carry out procedures
- produces medical images using equipment such as ultrasound machines and scanners for use by medical practitioners in the diagnosis of disease or injury