3211-13 Financial Institution Branch Manager
Manages the general operational activities of branches of banks, building societies, credit unions or similar financial institutions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- develops and implements business plans, budgets, policies and procedures for the branch
- maintains and monitors business records and prepares financial statements and reports
- implements displays and promotes branch functions and business development
- deals with customer inquiries to provide quotes and advice, and handles complaints
- advises clients about interest rates, and investment and loan products
- implements company policy covering compliance with security regulations
- ensures compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- ensures that funds balance at the close of business
- may interview applicants for loans
- may review loan and credit applications and refer them to a centralised processing department
Building Society Manager
Credit Union Manager