8119-11 Meter Reader
Reads electric, gas or water meters and records usage.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- walks or drives over established routes and locates meters on properties
- inspects meters and connections for defects, damage or unauthorised connections and reports irregularities
- checks and matches meter numbers and addresses, reads meters and records details manually or using a recording and account processing unit
- returns route book or recording device for accounts processing
- may read meters using radio telemetry devices
- may disconnect meters
Meter Records Clerk