7312-13 Tram Driver
Drives trams to transport passengers on urban tramway systems.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- drives trams over established routes, from and to depots
- stops at set locations to allow passengers to board and alight
- advises passengers on destinations
- observes nearby traffic, to ensure safe progress of tram
- changes controls and power supply poles, to enable trams to be driven in the opposite direction
- may collect fares
- may open and close doors before and after passengers board or alight