7992-13 Product Grader
Grades primary produce by evaluating individual items or batches in terms of established standards and records results.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- inspects all products or selects samples for inspection
- examines products for defects such as disease in food items
- takes measurements to determine quality and quantity of products
- designates grading of produce and records details of assessments according to classification system
- prepares reports and records assessments by labelling items such as carcasses
- grades batches of produce such as crates of fruit and vegetables
- arranges storage and distribution of produce after grading
- may visit suppliers to give advice and information and to make preliminary assessments
- may recommend removal of unsatisfactory produce
Fruit and Vegetable Classer
Milk and Cream Grader