Receives, handles and despatches goods in stores or warehouses.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- unloads vehicles, opens packages and removes contents
- receives and checks incoming goods
- labels goods with details of storing locations
- packs, weighs and labels goods and seals boxes
- stacks goods in despatch areas
- issues stores over counters and records items out of stock
- assists with regular stocktakes and cleans work site
- operates machinery to lift, place and remove items
- operates computers to obtain details of location and quantity of item in stock
- may use materials handling equipment, such as hydraulic pallet lifters, electronically guided order pickers, and hand trucks to move goods
Shelf Stacker (Store)
Stores Despatch Hand