UNIT GROUP 9931 KITCHENHANDS
KITCHENHANDS assist kitchen and service staff in the preparation and service of food, and clean food preparation and service areas.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- cleaning the kitchen or food preparation area and scullery
- cleaning cooking and general utensils used in a kitchen and restaurant
- transferring, weighing and checking supplies and equipment
- assisting cooks in assembling and preparing ingredients for cooking or preparing salads, savouries and sandwiches
- packing food and beverage trays for serving