UNIT GROUP 4416 WALL AND FLOOR TILERS AND STONEMASONS
WALL AND FLOOR TILERS AND STONEMASONS lay tiles on walls and floors, and cut and shape stone for construction.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing surfaces by removing old tiles, grout and adhesive, and cleaning with soap and water
- spreading adhesive onto surfaces, setting tiles in position and aligning using levels, squares, plumb lines and straight-edges
- cleaning tiles and removing excess grout
- operating machines and hand tools to cut, shape and polish stone
- designing and cutting monumental masonry, including lettering
- constructing walls using stone slabs and large masonry slab blocks