UNIT GROUP 4113 TOOLMAKERS
TOOLMAKERS make and repair tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and other precision parts and equipment to fine tolerances for machine tools and other production machinery.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studying drawings or specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of articles to be manufactured
- measuring and marking out metal stock or casting using various gauges
- shaping metal stock using machine tools
- checking accuracy of manufactured articles to fine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments
- testing and modifying manufactured articles