4623-11 General Gardener
Plants, cultivates and maintains parks and gardens.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- conducts site assessments and soil analyses
- prepares and maintains seedbeds and growing sites
- propagates and plants trees, bushes and hedges, flowers and bulbs
- prepares lawn areas by spreading top soil and planting grass, or by laying instant turf
- maintains planted and grassed areas by weeding, trimming, fertilising, watering and mowing
- identifies and treats weeds, pests and diseases
- prunes trees and hedges, and installs plant support and protection devices
- installs, operates and maintains drainage and irrigation systems
- may grow and maintain indoor plants and conservatory displays
- may construct features and facilities within gardens, such as paths or paved areas, rockeries, ponds and water features, and planter boxes