Installs, tests, connects, commissions, maintains and modifies electrical equipment, wiring and control systems.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- examines wiring diagrams and installation areas to plan layout of wiring systems
- responds to break downs, diagnoses and repairs electrical systems and ancillary equipment
- positions and installs electrical switchboards
- installs sheathed cables
- measures, cuts and installs plastic conduit and pulls wires through
- splices, twists and solders wires and applies tape or terminal caps
- connects installed wires to circuit breakers, transformers, timers and other electrical equipment
- installs and connects items such as switches, lighting fixtures and earthing systems
- connects electrical systems to power supply
- tests continuity of circuit
- may install, modify, maintain and repair electrical equipment such as storage heaters, water heaters, lighting, motors, electric signs or switchboards
Heavy Coil Winder