UNIT GROUP 9221 HAND PACKERS
HAND PACKERS weigh, wrap, seal and label meat, fruit, vegetables or other products by hand.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- obtaining supplies of prepared meat, fruit, vegetables or other products and assembling bags, package folders and cartons
- packing containers or bags with products, counting, weighing or measuring amounts and adjusting quantities
- wrapping protective material around products
- sealing bags and containers and attaching preprinted labels
- counting and placing bags or packages on to trays or racks, or into shipping cartons
- recording information such as numbers, weight, times and dates