2128-11 Civil Engineering Technologist
Applies and modifies established engineering practices such as the design and implementation of civil engineering projects.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- assists in the design and development of civil engineering projects
- modifies established practices or applies newly developed civil engineering practices
- oversees specialist engineering tasks such as design drafting, estimating and operations control
- tests and evaluates construction materials and techniques
- provides marketing and support advice on civil engineering products such as construction materials
- outlines work programs and reviews these for accuracy, adequacy and feasibility
- plans, supervises and coordinates the work of others