UNIT GROUP 3121 BUILDING, ARCHITECTURAL AND SURVEYING ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS
BUILDING, ARCHITECTURAL AND SURVEYING ASSOCIATE PROFESSIONALS perform technical support functions to assist builders, architects and surveyors in time, cost and resource estimation, data evaluation, design mapping construction, site supervision and inspection.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assisting builders, architects and surveyors in planning and organisation
- interpreting plans, regulations and codes of practice
- preparing preliminary sketches, working drawings and specifications
- preparing, editing and revising plans, maps, charts and drawings
- inspecting work and materials for compliance with specifications, regulations and standards
- calculating costs and estimating time scales
- coordinating works programs
- collecting data using surveying instruments and photogrammetric equipment
- performing routine computations and plotting preliminary data