2382-13 Industrial Pharmacist
Undertakes research, testing and analysis related to the development, production, storage, quality control and distribution of drugs and related supplies.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and a one year traineeship. Registration or licensing is required.
- conducts research to develop or improve pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and related chemical products
- confers with Chemists, Chemical Engineers and other professionals about manufacturing techniques and ingredients
- assists with design, development and testing of production equipment
- develops standards for drugs used in pharmaceuticals
- tests and analyses drugs to determine their identity, purity and strength in relation to specified standards
- determines the most suitable packaging for medicinal substances to avoid deterioration and facilitate distribution
- sets up and supervises sterile production and packaging areas
- evaluates and advises on government controls for the use, packaging and advertising of pharmaceutical products
- supervises and coordinates the work of technical officers and technicians