Installs and maintains locks and related security devices and systems.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- determines customer's security requirements by discussion and site inspection
- designs or recommends security and locking systems
- fits and installs locks and security systems and devices
- diagnoses, modifies, repairs or replaces locks and security systems and devices
- tests performance of locks and security systems
- cuts new or duplicate keys for locks and other security systems and devices
- opens locked safes, doors or padlocks by manipulation
- may install and repair computerised security systems and devices
- may keep records of specifications of installed locking systems
- may fabricate, fit and assemble parts for customised locks and security systems
- may estimate costs and prepare quotes for repairs