9921-11 General Farm Hand
Performs routine tasks to assist in plant cultivation and animal production on grain and livestock farms.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- patrols, inspects and reports on the condition of crops and animal stock
- operates farm machinery to cultivate, plant, fertilise, spray and harvest field crops
- maintains and repairs buildings, machinery, fences, plant and water systems
- cleans sheds and yards
- loads and unloads seed grain, fertilisers and livestock feed, and loads field crops into transporters for marketing
- feeds and waters stock
- assists in maintaining the health and welfare of animals
- assists with moving and transporting animals
- services machinery and makes minor adjustments and repairs
- may carry out artificial insemination of stock