9219-19 Hide and Skin Processing Labourer
Performs routine tasks in leather, skin and hide tanning and finishing factories.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- unloads green hides and skins for fleshing
- fleshes hides by cutting out pieces of flesh, fat or hide
- lays out skins and hides for classing and re-stacks them for drying
- arranges hides and skins in stacks and tends heaters to dry them
- sprays dried hides with preservatives
- loads hides, skins and chemicals into treatment drums
- loads hides and skins into bales and assists in bale pressing and securing
- ridges wet blue-leather by cutting with knives
- moves hides and skins around tanneries
- cleans equipment and work areas