UNIT GROUP 2124 CIVIL ENGINEERS
CIVIL ENGINEERS plan, design, organise and oversee the construction and operation of civil engineering projects such as structural, transportation or hydraulic engineering systems.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- designing civil engineering projects such as hydraulic systems, roads, aerodromes, water supply systems, bridges and buildings
- studying, evaluating and reporting on the environmental implications of projects
- determining construction methods, materials and quality standards
- drafting and interpreting specifications, drawings, plans, construction methods and procedures
- organising and directing site labour and the delivery of construction materials, plant and equipment needed for construction projects
- administering contracts and verifying and certifying satisfactory completion