Sells real estate or merchandise at auction.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- appraises and lists properties or articles for auction
- organises advertising, catalogues and other publicity for auctions
- consults vendors and sets reserve prices
- describes properties or articles presented and the conditions of sale
- determines or asks for starting bids
- accepts bids from potential buyers and closes sales to the highest bidders
- supervises the activities of auction room attendants
- may assist in tagging and arranging articles for sale
- may maintain sales records